So in a nutshell...just to catch up and then hopefully I can stay caught up....
1) After the last post I went to spend the weekend with some friends on a dive trip. It was the last one I have been on since it is too cold for me to go diving right now. Some of my friends have been gutsy enough to endure the cold, but I will wait for warmer waters :)
2) In mid-December I went home to KANSAS! It was freezing, but a beautiful time with my family and friends. Andrew (my little brother) and Nora got married on January 2nd! It was a beautiful wedding and a great party! It was nice because it gave me the chance to spend a lot of time with my family as well since everyone was off of work!
I returned to Egypt about 3 weeks ago. I have been interviewing at an international company here in Cairo...it looks like I may get the job! Will know for sure next week! I am excited about it as it is actually in my degree field and a great place to start a career. This means I will be staying here for awhile though. :)
Life here has settled into as much of a routine as possible here. Things have become "normal" so to speak. Friendships are made, and I am learning more and more how to interact with the culture around me so that it is no longer foreign but I am apart of it or at least understand some of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment