This is an old post that didn't get posted for some reason...but here it is anyways...
Another holiday weekend is fast approaching here, it is Eid Kabeer or the Big Feast. This year it happens to fall on the weekend after Thanksgiving Thursday, so my friends and I are planning to combine the celebrations into one long holiday! The weather here is starting to get cold, actually the other night I was freezing while watching the qualifying games for the world cup between Egypt and Algeria. Although the match was here in Cairo, because of safety reasons my friends and I decided to go to a cafe to watch it instead of the stadium. After the win though we went near the stadium to celebrate with the city... here are some videos I took while we were out....
It was so exciting being in the midst of the celebrations! I must admit when they scored the goal needed to win in the last minute of the game I was jumping and screaming as loud as my Egyptian friends around me. I will update the slide show on this page with some of the photos from the last few months, including ones from that night.
*Okay sorry the videos are not posting for some reason. If I get them to work later I will post them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment