Saturday, May 8, 2010

Summer is here...almost :)

(This is an old post, that for some reason didn't get posted...it was written back on the 8th of May)

Updating my blog has been on my "To Do" list for at least 8 weeks now....always so much to write about, but never actually take the time to record all my experiences. But again here is a glimpse at the last few months...

I finally made it back to the sea! We took a dive trip to Marsa Allam (one of the famous diving spots in Egypt). There it is possible to see dolphins, sharks, manatees, rays, etc. My friends and I spent 4 days living in tents beside the sea and diving daily. It was a great vacation and the sea life amazing! I admit I got sea sick when we took the zodiac out for a dive site an hour away, funny thing is I don't get sick when we are moving (which is when everyone else was feeling sick), but the second the boat stops I turn green :( and that is when we have to put on our dive gear. I managed with the help of the boat captain to get my gear on, then I would beg the instructor to let us jump quickly to the water. The cold water is an instant cure for sea sickness. We saw so many blue-spotted rays that I lost count, a white-tip reef shark about 5 feet long only about 7-10 feet away :)- it was beautiful, giant sea turtles (I love to watch them swim!), and tons of other sea life. The coral reefs were beautiful as well! I wish I had an underwater camera to share the beauty with all of you. It is unimaginable. I am captivated by the beauty of it every time I dive. It is good that I dive with a group, because I am sure if I was alone I would become mesmerized in the watching and forget about life above the water.

I am really enjoying my new job! Really, I count it as a huge blessing. I enjoy watching the differences between working in a corporate setting in the US and here. Since my degree is in international business, it has been amusing to see how the mechanics of a multinational company actually works. Small things that I took for granted in the US, like having a reliable mail system for delivering checks (here companies send drivers to pick up Accounts payable checks),

phone systems that work every time you pick up the phone, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment