The end of the semester here at AUC has arrived. Which means almost all of the study abroad students (including my current roommate) will leave to return to the states sometime this week. The majority of the friends I have made in my short time here has been with these study abroad participants, so unfortunately that means I will be saying goodbye to almost all my friends. And since my roommate is one of them leaving, I am also moving to a new flat (apartment). It is just down the street from where I live now, but there is still the process of packing, moving, etc.
The point of transition though is to move from saying goodbye to the former and look in anticipation for the future!
I have met with one of my new roommates! (It is a 3 bedroom flat so there will be three of us!) She is from Germany and a super sweet girl! I am excited about getting to know her over the next two months (when she leaves to return home). My other roommate will arrive here in Cairo on June 2. She is from the states and will be here until the end of July. (So yep I will be doing this transition thing again in August :-). We have emailed back and forth, and all of us are looking forward to spending the summer here in Egypt!
I started attending Arabic class today! Finally! It went very well and I was encouraged by how much I understood and where I was at in the material. It seems by the end of next week I will be advancing to Level 2 already! It is my goal to make it to level 5 or 6 by Christmas, which is the late intermediate level. If I acheive this I will be fluent in everyday situations!
Pray for me as I say goodbye to friends and build relationships with new ones, as I move to a new flat, and of course with my Arabic...the sooner I learn it the easier my job and getting around the city will be.
Transition. That's what was taught about last Sunday. It is just as you said; a time of saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new. It is a good time if we embrace it. Think about moving from glory to glory. Focus on the "to". Love you!
ReplyDeleteUm, you should post about all the adventures you and Joanna are having without me.
ReplyDelete