Saturday, March 7, 2009

Arrival and first week :-)

It is hard to believe a week has almost passed already. Wow! Time has gone so quickly! This week has already been full of stories, experiences, laughs and lessons. So many that I am afraid I have already forgotten. I will try to be more diligent in getting it written down so you may enjoy it with me. Thank you for all your prayers, emails, and postings that so many of you have already sent. This is just the beginng of the journey :-), come along for the adventure! 

All my flights went well, and I arrived in the middle of the night last Sunday, along with all three of my bags! Woohoo! With three flight connections, it has become routine to loose a bag or two along the way. Since Sunday I have settled into my new flat. It is in a very different part of town than what I am used to, many more foreigners are in the area.  Today I even saw foreigners wearing shorts out on the street.  Although it was probably 80 degrees today, you just don't see very many people wear shorts here in Egypt, except of course at the Sea :-). 

That is just a quick note of the beginning of my time here. I will post more in the following days! I hope to post some new pictures as well! 

3 comments:

  1. Lauren,I'm glad to hear that your trip went well. I'm excited for you. We miss you here already, but we're doing OK. I'll try to visit your blog periodically. Be blessed. Harry Walls, III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i do not believe this- Your first post- IN EGYPT--yada yada what people are wearing yada yada yada about luggage-and NO mention about sam--nothing about how he greeted you- nothing about your first date back- NOTHING?! I am needing some more information here Lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Katie-Katie. :-)

    I didn't mention it because there isn't much to say :-). I was one of the last off the plane, so by the time I bought my visa and made it through customs the luggage was out on the conveyor belt. The new airport here is still under construction and the terminal I flew into does not currently have parking close to it, so Sam had to either keep driving in circles around the airport or park 3 miles away and ride the airport shuttle in. With my 5 bags (3 checked and two carry-ons) we decided driving in circles would be best. :-) By the time I got the cart out the door and he made it around the circle again I had 5 taxi cab drivers standing around me offering to give me "cheap fares" :-). So with the no PDA and surrounded by people and 5 bags of luggage, it was just a quick hug and pile the bags in the car. :-)LOL! Love the adventures of living here!

    ReplyDelete